Monday, July 23, 2007

He is going to Phoenix, Arizona

Matthew is going to the Phoenix, Arizona, Spanish speaking. (Unfortunately, or may be fortunately, he has taken 5 years of French.) He reports to the MTC on August 8th. His farewell talk was yesterday. He did a wonderful job. I am very excited for him. I can not express how grateful I am to my family for their support. We have been shopping like crazy. JC Penney's was having a sale so I cleaned them out of white shirts in his size. They are not very easy to find - so I was glad I found what I could. He is planning to go through the temple on the 4th of August (Saturday) so if anyone would like to come along please give me a call.

4 comments:

Mike and Mary Lee said...

Deb sent an e-mail and said what a wonderful talk Matt gave Sunday. I wish I could have been there to hear it. I am happy that the Wahls and Gays were there to support. What a wonderful blessing to have a worthy son going to serve the Lord. He will do a great job learning Spanish and serving the people. Elder Morgan and I find that is the one big handycap of serving in Cambodia and not knowing the language. It is hard to bear witness through a translator.
By the way, where is the picture from- Arizona?

Tammy said...

Christine my family is all coming. ALL of us so please see if you can open a window at Grandma's so we don't all smell of mothballs at the temple.

Tammy said...

We all wish we were at the beach too - Oh well it helps us appreciate it all the more when we do get to go.

Mike and Mary Lee said...

We wish we were at the beach with all of you too.